We regret to announce that KidsFunParty will be on sabbatical until further notice.



We'll be back with more Kids Fun Parties soon! =)



Thank you.

About Me

My photo
Kota Damansara, Selangor, Malaysia
Hi! :) My name is Karlin. Simplest I can descibe myself -> "a bibik-less working mother of 3". ;o) Couldn't be more concise! =D Proud to say, my domestic arrangements work fine for all of us (myself, hubby and kids). We're an average family, surviving in the suburban area of Kota Damansara. :-) Some might think I have my hands full already but I looooove doing kids' parties it's what keeps me sane! =D I'd fantasize my kids' birthday parties months ahead! Always looking out for cool ideas to keep the costs within my limited budget. So much so that 3 parties a year just ain't enuff for me anymore! ;-D ~ ~ ~

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Year Activity : TIME CAPSULE

Gather some of your child's current favorite items and place them all in a container; a food jar or shoe box should do. Write your child's name and the year on the container.
If your child can write already, ask her to write to her future self and place the letter in the container. Say what a great year it's been and pledge new good habits for the new year. Predict how tall she'll be. eg. Mama's shoulder height! :-) List her current favorite things ie. her favorite song, bedtime story book, TV channel etc. Throw in the movie ticket she went to with daddy and some pictures of her at the park with grandma or the prize she won for winning a game at a friend's birthday party she attended. :-)
You can safely keep the container with your child so it'll be your little secret together. Or, you can hide the container and send her out on a hunt a year later. Of course, be sure to remember where you hide them! =D Pack the time capsule away where you keep your new year decorations or you can bury the container in the garden near a favorite plant. Send her out on a hunt for her time capsule next year and see how much she has changed --- or haven't changed! ;D
Share this ritual with her every year! :-)

Last but not least, here's wishing you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! from Kids Fun Party. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment